RECIPE: CREAMY TUSCAN WHITE BEAN SOUP (VEGAN, GLUTEN FREE, PRESSURE COOKER)
- 2 sprig of fresh rosemary
- 2 sprig of fresh thyme, leaves only
- 1 tsp fresh tarragon
- 1 tsp fresh sage leaves
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 3 large shallots, roughly diced
- 1/4c really good extra virgin olive oil + 2 TBSP
- 1 vegan “chik’n” bouillon cube
- 3 yukon gold or new potatoes, skin on, diced
- 4 carrots, diced
- 1 15 oz can chickpeas, drained & Rinsed
- 1 15 oz can navy beans, drained & rinsed
- 1/2 lemon, juice only
- 1/2 c white wine
- 4 c vegetable broth.
- 3 cups frozen kale
On the brown setting of your electric pressure cooker (or in a separate pan on the stove)
Sauté shallots in 2 TBSP olive oil until just caramelized, add garlic and sauté 1 minute more. Add your diced potatoes and carrots, cook for 5 minutes. Turn off the “Brown setting,” Add lemon juice, white wine and vegetable broth. (If using stovetop pan to sauté, add your ingredients to the pressure cooker with the liquid and then proceed as follows.)
Cover with lid and lock, and cook at high pressure for 21 minutes. Let your pressure cooker release naturally, then remove lid , add 1/4 cup olive oil and use immersion blender to puree 1/2 of the soup. Pour in the frozen kale leaves, and stir until just wilted/soft.
Serve and enjoy!
Makes about 6 large servings.